23.7.09

Wedding bells...


Will: Uh, Grace, are you in there? I hope you're not doing--anything crazy.

Grace: Hi. What do you think?

Will: You look beautiful.

Grace: Really? I think it needs to be taken in.

Will: Yeah. Honey, I think maybe you need to be taken in. Sweetie, look-- Look at me. You're not getting married.

Grace: I know. I'm never going to wear one of these things, am I?

Will: Sweetie. You're a beautiful, intelligent woman, and somewhere out--

Grace: Don't give me the stock, best friend response. Be honest. This may never happen for me.
Will: You know what? It--It may not.


Grace: Thank you for telling me the truth.

Will: You're welcome.

Grace: Damn, that was harsh. What were you thinking?

Will: What? But-- You just ask me to--

Grace: I don't care. You know me better than that. The next time I ask you to tell me the truth, you give me the stock best friend response.

Will: Ok. You're beautiful, you're going to meet a doctor tomorrow, and you'll be married by the weekend.

Grace: Thank you.




Yesterday, while I was on my way home I passed by a bakery and felt like having a delicious piece of bread…I got in…the lady at the shop is very kind and loves making conversation with everybody…

So there was I, when suddenly she asked me if I’d like to get married. “Yes” I nodded… ‘Do you have a b-friend?’ ‘Yes’ ‘Where does he live?’ ‘In Canada, but he’s a Filipino guy’ ‘Would you like to marry him?’ ‘I think so…I haven’t though about it actually’ ‘Does he want to marry you?’ ‘I suppose, but again, we haven’t talked about it’….

The small talk was weird, she asked me things I had no answers for…some years ago I would not even consider to have a partner…wouldn’t imagine myself wearing a wedding dress…but now…I think that one part of me really desires to be a beautiful bride…and get married in a small but gorgeous church…

But who knows…if I don’t get marry, then I’ll travel around the world…

No comments: